Virtual Core Facility Fair
On Tuesday, September 15, 2020, Notre Dame Research will host a virtual Core Facility Fair from 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. EST. The event is open to students, postdoctoral scholars, faculty, and staff. Many of the core facilities are open to non-Notre Dame users and therefore external customers are invited and encouraged to attend.
On the day of the event, attendees will be able to:
- Visit digital exhibition booths for the University’s core facilities and look through various digital print, video, and photographic materials.
- Attend presentations via Zoom as core facility staff discuss their state-of-the-art instrumentation and expertise, as well as answer attendee questions.
Schedule of live, virtual presentations:
- 9 to 9:10 AM - Welcome
- 9:10 to 10:20 AM - Group A Presenters (Not necessarily in presentation order):
- Biophysics Instrumentation Core Facility
- Center for Research Computing and the Center for Social Science Research
- Freimann Life Science Center
- Genomics and Bioinformatics Core Facility
- Linked Experimental Ecosystem Facility
- Midwest Isotope and Trace Element Research Analytical Center
- University of Notre Dame Environmental Research Center
- 10:20 to 10:25 AM - Wrap Up Group A
- 10:25 to 10:35 AM - Break
- 10:35 to 10:40 AM - Welcome
- 10:40 AM to 11:50 AM - Group B Presenters (Not necessarily in presentation order):
- Chemical Synthesis and Drug Discovery Facility
- Engineering and Design Core Facility
- Integrated Imaging Facility
- Magnetic Resonance Research Center
- Materials Characterization Facility
- Molecular Structure Facility
- Physics Machine Shop
- 11:50 to 11:55 AM - Wrap Up Group B
All details, including the Zoom link and digital exhibition information, will be sent to registered participants on Monday afternoon. To register for the virtual Core Facility Fair, please click here.
For those with questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.